We all know that the first step on the Ladder of Success is WIN. Without climbing onto this step the other steps cannot be reached! The question then is, how do I tackle this first step and become an effective witness for Jesus?
The following principles are taken from Pastor Cesar Castellanos' new book "The Ladder of Success'. If they are diligently put into practice in your life with the help of the Holy Spirit, you are sure to become an effective witness and soul winner in the G12 vision!
The heart of an effective witness "God's burning desire is for souls. For this reason evangelism should be an art... Since souls are eternal we need to ask God to make us experts in the art of winning souls." Cesar Castellanos
An effective witness understands in his or her heart that:
1. God's heart beats with love and compassion for lost souls.
2. Jesus died to save sinners.
3. All Christians have been entrusted with the stewardship of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - this means you and I!
4. Sharing the gospel is an amazing privilege.
5. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved by God.
6. Being a witness for Jesus is the most important thing we can ever be.
7. Being an effective witness is a lifestyle, not a hobby.
1. Understand your calling (Matthew 28:18). Understand that it is Jesus who has called us to be witnesses for Him. This means that we have a very serious duty to perform, even more so than our careers!
2. Receive a heart of compassion. Ask God to give you His heart for the lost!
3. Equip yourself in the Word of God (2 Timothy 2:15). "We should train as soldiers so that we know how to use our weapons correctly. The word of truth is a two-edged sword, but it can be useless if not handled properly." Cesar Castellanos
4. Walk in the Holy Spirit. "It is better to live one day in the Holy Spirit than one thousand in your own strength." Cesar Castellanos Remember it is not by might, nor by power but by God's Holy Spirit!
5. Be a good testimony. The world can smell a hypocrite a mile away. Make sure your actions portray the righteousness and love of Jesus.
6. Become immersed in the G12 vision. The vision stimulates and facilitates success in becoming an effective disciple of Christ and making effective disciples for Christ.
7. Be bold (Romans 1:16). Practice telling people about Jesus!
When we commit ourselves to pray continuously for a whole month for unbelievers the Spirit of God will respond with mercy and give them life" Cesar Castellanos
1. The cell leader wanting to start or grow his or her cell recruits two other believers into the cell, or arranges the existing cell members into groups of three.
2. Each one of them in prayer targets three unbelievers each for a month.
3. In turn each of the cell members share the names of those they are praying for among themselves. This means that each person in the prayer triplet is praying for nine unbelievers.
1. The prayer-triplet meets together for an hour a week for four weeks (this should be their regular cell meeting time).
2. In their meeting they pray specifically for the salvation of the each of their three "target' persons.
3. In addition to the weekly meeting are times of fasting and intersession during the month.
4. The three engage in spiritual warfare over the souls, binding and neutralising every power and spirit that is in opposition to their salvation.
5. They pray that the Lord Jesus will, by His Holy Spirit, convict them of sin and bring them to repentance.
6. During this time the prayer-triplet should continue to pray and cover one another, thereby defending each other from any counter-attacks from the devil.
1. After 30 days of prayer, the cell members should contact the persons they prayed for and show a special interest in them. (i.e. a genuine interest in their needs and interests etc)
2. Begin to share God's love with them.
3. Introduce them to God's plan of salvation (The Gospel of Jesus Christ). The following four laws could be used as a guide:
I. God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life.
II. Man is a sinner and therefore separated from God.
III. Jesus Christ is the only bridge between God and man.
IV. To be saved, we need to personally accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour and put our faith in Him alone.
4. Lead them in the prayer of salvation or the sinners' prayer, in which they make a commitment to Jesus and surrender their lives to him.
5. Give them a consolidation pack (available from Kensington Temple) and go through it with them, answering any questions they may have.
1. Invite your friend to your cell meeting.
2. As more people are saved the cell will begin to take shape, and normal cell structure can begin to be implemented (i.e. welcome, worship, word, witness).
Introduce your new cell members to the net of which your cell is a part. Explain their purpose and encourage them to attend the net meeting with you.
The nets are a good opportunity for the new believers in your cell to make a public declaration of their faith in Christ. Encourage them to do so and prepare them for this.
Remember to always give them assurance. Don't leave them to go to the front by themselves - go with them, encouraging them all the way.
This is a powerful step in which the Holy Spirit will meet with the new believer and impress more firmly in their hearts that they are now born again into a new life and a new family.